- To design and manufacture innovative cast aluminium solutions for underground service networks.
- To supply highly specialised castings for general engineering, marine, and aviation industries internationally, using Sika’s specialised knowledge and capabilities.
- To have Sika’s unique capabilities produced and sold around the world.
- Innovativeness – we strive to continuously improve everything we do.
- Integrity – we are committed to comply with relevant product standards.
- Teamwork – we work together to meet customer needs.
When Sika Technology Founder David HIll set up shop in the 1980s to make aluminium covers people thought he was mad.
Concrete and cast iron solutions dominated the market in those days, but these were quite literally breaking the backs of our installers.
With aluminium, he saw an opportunity to develop cover sets and chambers that were strong and rigid like concrete and cast iron, but far more lightweight and easy to handle.
In more recent times we have seen increasing competition from plastic alternatives, which are also lightweight and cheap to produce.
This has presented Sika with a fresh challenge – to reengineer our products and manufacturing systems to be more cost-effective, while still retaining the structural integrity that our products need to provide a lifetime of reliable service in the ground.
“As a third-generation foundryman, I’m proud of the innovation and quality of products that Sika has brought to the market, and of the team that we have assembled that is taking Sika beyond Australasia to the rest of the world,” says David.
Since the start, the company has achieved remarkable commercial success throughout Australasia based on its dedication to product innovation, very high manufacturing standards and its close relationships with customers in all industries.
These relationships have led to a number of customised products designed in collaboration with the customer to their exacting specifications.
Employment Opportunities at Sika
At Sika we are always looking for keen and energetic staff to join our friendly team in Auckland.
If a career in the foundry industry is of interest to you, please contact us either via the contact page, by emailing us directly at email@example.com or simply give us a call on 09-274 5929.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Sika supplies product from our ISO9001 certified facility to a range of clients in a range of sectors such as Roading, Telecommunications, Electrical, and Water. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.